InsuredNation is an online auto insurance marketplace that helps users compare policies from top insurers. It takes just a couple of minutes to fill out an application on InsuredNation’s website and see personalized results. InsuredNation partners mainly with large auto insurance providers like Liberty Mutual, Esurance, Progressive, State Farm, and Farmers Insurance.
Pros and Cons
The main reason to use InsuredNation is to get personalized rates from multiple insurers with just one form. With InsuredNation, you just provide basic information about yourself and any co-applicants, your vehicle (or vehicles), and your driving history, and InsuredNation scans through dozens of auto insurance companies to find the best deals for you.
When using InsuredNation, it’s important to be aware that this isn’t a direct insurance provider. InsuredNation serves to connect users with car insurers but doesn’t actually underwrite policies. Some users may see this as an inconvenience. We’d like to emphasize that the marketplace model is actually more convenient because it saves you the time of applying to each insurer separately.
Types of Auto Insurance
InsuredNation’s partners offer all the standard types of coverage, from things like liability that are compulsory in most states to other essential products like medical payments and uninsured motorist coverage.
Here’s what you can find through InsuredNation:
- Bodily Injury Liability. Covers all costs related to bodily injuries suffered by other drivers when you are at fault.
- Property Damage Liability. Covers all costs related to damage of another person’s property when you are at fault.
- Collision. Covers repairs to your vehicle if it is damaged in a collision, no matter if you or another driver was at fault.
- Comprehensive. Covers repairs to your vehicle if it is damaged in a non-collision incident such as fire, flood, vandalism, theft, or hitting an animal.
- Medical Payments (or personal injury protection in some states). Covers medical costs, rehabilitation costs, and in some cases lost wages for you and/or your passengers, no matter who was at fault.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist. Covers all liabilities stemming from an accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist.
InsuredNation doesn’t really offer anything other than a search tool. However, because it works with top insurance providers, it can help connect its users with a bunch of additional products on top of just the standard types of car insurance.
Here are some of the products offered by InsuredNation partners:
- Roadside assistance. Guarantees assistance when you get stuck out on the road, including services like tire replacement, battery jump-start, fuel delivery, and locksmith.
- Gap coverage. Covers the difference (i.e. “the gap”) between your vehicle’s value and the remaining balance on your loan or lease if your car is damaged in an accident.
- Rideshare coverage. Provides coverage for motorists who drive around for ride-transportation services such Uber.
- Discounts and rewards. Most of InsuredNation’s partnering insurers offer multiple ways of earning discounts on vehicle insurance, such as military service, good driving behavior, and agreeing to pay your monthly premium with auto-pay. According to InsuredNation, adding a second vehicle to your policy earns you a 20% discount.
- Other vehicles. Includes insurance for vehicles such as motorcycles, RVs, trailers, boats, and commercial vehicles.
How to Apply
With InsuredNation, it takes only a couple of minutes to complete the online form and see the best personalized rates. Like most insurance comparison tools, InsuredNation requires you to fill out information about yourself and any other applications, the vehicles you’d like to insure, and your driving history.
In order to give you a completely personalized rate, InsuredNation also asks about things like: primary purpose of vehicle (e.g. leisure, commute, business), annual mileage, whether your car is leased or owned, and your desired coverage level.
On the final page, you’ll be shown a list of 3-4 top insurers, with a few highlights of their respective policies. If you like one (or more) of the insurers, simply click on the “Get Quote” button to be redirected to that company’s website to complete an application. The good news is you won’t have to repeat all the same information again. InsuredNation automatically transfers your details to its partner so you only need to fill out information you didn’t already provide in the initial form.
Filing a Claim
It’s important to note that InsuredNation isn’t a direct insurance provider, but only a comparison tool. Once you click on one of its partnering insurance providers (e.g. State Farm, Liberty Mutual), your contact with InsuredNation ends and you become a customer of that insurance provider. All claims and correspondence must go directly through your chosen insurance company. Most car insurance providers allow customers to file claims by phone, mail, and email, and some even let you do it online or through a mobile app.
Unfortunately, InsuredNation doesn’t offer much in the way of customer service. The best way to contact the company is through the direct contact form, which can be found by clicking the “Contact Us” button at the bottom of its home page.
- Address: 5042 Wilshire Blvd #42803 Los Angeles, CA 90036
InsuredNation offers a basic but effective search tool for comparing top car insurance companies. You won’t find much in the way of features at InsuredNation. However, if you’re looking to compare rates from a handful of top nationwide auto insurance companies, InsuredNation is one place to start.